Last updated December 16, 2020
RETURNING TO WORSHIP AT PROVIDENCE
We will resume our Sunday Morning Worship Services in the church at 10:00am until further notice. The online morning worship service will also continue to be provided for those unable to join us for the services in the church.
You can access the live stream a few different ways:
1. Click on the Worship Online link/picture on the Providence Presbyterian Church website homepage. (www.providencesalisbury.org)
2. Go directly to our YouTube page/channel and click on the live stream.
3. If you have a Smart TV you can go to the YouTube app and search for Providence Presbyterian Church Salisbury MD.
Some differences to expect from our usual worship:
- There will be no nursery or childcare at this service.
- No Sunday School classes will meet.
- As much as we don’t want to say it, please refrain from hugs and handshakes.
- Refreshments and fellowship time will have to wait until later.
- Printed sheet music will be used instead of the hymnals.
- An offering will not be taken during the service. Please continue your faithful tithing either online or by mailing a check to the church office.
- Due to the increase in COVID cases within Maryland and the Governor's recent announcement, Providence Presbyterian Church will require masks worn by the congregation at all times while inside of the building. Exceptions would be pulpit speakers while speaking/praying and special music singers while singing up front.
- Temperature Checks:
- As you enter the building a Deacon will take your temperature by a scan of your forehead. We are doing this out of a deep caring for you, and for the congregation. This will be a mandatory precaution and should be thought of in the same way as the wearing of face masks while in the building. If your temperature does read above normal (100.4 degrees per the CDC) you would be asked to sit for a few minutes and remove any hat or scarf that may have affected the reading. Then a second reading would be taken. Anyone who has a second reading that is still above normal would be asked to return home and seek medical care as soon as possible.
- Limit restroom use to 2 people at a time. Doors will be propped open to minimize touchpoints.
- There will be no Choir
- Praise & Worship Leader to lead Hymns and Praise Music similar to Pavilion Service.
- Congregation will need to wear masks while singing.
- Praise team will be socially distanced on stage, without masks.
- Similar to communion in the Pavilion with the pre-packaged wafer and juice set out on a table in the Narthex. The congregation will pick up the wafer/juice before they are seated.
- Deacons will dismiss congregation by rows starting at the Narthex, Sanctuary (front west side of the sanctuary and proceed to the rear east side), Fellowship Hall, Adult Sunday School.
- Congregation should pick up all items to be discarded from the seating area and drop them off in the trash can in the Narthex.
- Congregation should exit the building and proceed to cars. Minimal fellowship once outside of the building. No physical contact.
You should consider many things when deciding if you should attend. Dear Brothers and Sisters---simply consider your health and the well being of others:
- Your current health condition (if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms).
- Any recent higher than normal body temperature.
- Any underlying conditions that would weaken your immune system, like past cancers or recent surgeries.
- Any recent exposure to persons who may have the Covid-19 virus, or flu-like symptoms.
- Your age if you are over 60.
- Any travel outside the United States in the past month
The Lord Jesus Christ Bless and Keep you all,
The Session and Diaconate
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS & INFORMATION
Providence Presbyterian Choir
PPC Choir rehearsals Tuesday evenings will be cancelled until further notice. We will be making decisions on an ongoing basis as the situation progresses with the COVID-19 outbreak.
Free English Salisbury (ESL)
All Free English Salisbury Classes have been cancelled for the remainder of 2020. We will miss all of our students this semester! Please check back here or on our Facebook page for Spring 2021 class information.