IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS & INFORMATION
Last updated 11:28AM September 4, 2020
Providence Presbyterian Choir
PPC Choir rehearsals Tuesday evenings will be cancelled until further notice. We will be making decisions on an ongoing basis as the situation progresses with the COVID-19 outbreak.
Free English Salisbury (ESL)
All Free English Salisbury Classes have been cancelled for the remainder of 2020. We will miss all of our students this semester! Please check back here or on our Facebook page for Spring 2021 class information.
Wednesday Afternoon Prayer Time
The Wednesda Afternoon Prayer Time will now be meeting in the Church Pavilion at 12pm until further notice.
Returning to Worship at Providence
Until further notice, rain or shine, services in the Pavilion will continue at 10:00am.
The online service will also continue to be provided for those unable to join us for the Pavilion Worship (link via Facebook, or go directly to the church website: www.providencesalisbury.org).
We will do our best to observe social distancing, using the picnic tables for seating. This can accommodate singles, couples or families. In addition to the picnic tables, please feel free to bring your own lawn chairs for seating around or near to the pavilion.
If you are comfortable wearing a face mask, that is OK, but is not required for outdoor gatherings. If you do not have a face mask there will be a supply available as you arrive. Hand sanitizers will also be available.
Restrooms will be available, but will be regulated on a “one in- one out” basis. We ask that they be used sparingly to keep traffic down. For such a short service it is hoped that few will need to use them. The restrooms in the main building will be open: both men’s and women’s. Families with smaller children are encouraged to use the restroom in the Youth Classroom area of the farmhouse because it is spacious enough for helping toddlers and also has a changing table for infants.
Some differences to expect from our usual worship:
- There will be no nursery or childcare at this service.
- No Sunday School classes will meet.
- As much as we don’t want to say it, please refrain from hugs and handshakes.
- Refreshments and fellowship time will have to wait until later in the summer.
- Printed sheet music will be used instead of the hymnals.
- An offering will not be taken during the service. Please continue your faithful tithing either online or by mailing a check to the church office.
You should consider many things when deciding if you should attend. Dear Brothers and Sisters---simply consider your health and the well being of others:
- Your current health condition (if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms).
- Any recent higher than normal body temperature.
- Any underlying conditions that would weaken your immune system, like past cancers or recent surgeries.
- Any recent exposure to persons who may have the Covid-19 virus, or flu-like symptoms.
- Your age if you are over 60.
- Any travel outside the United States in the past month.
Grace and Peace in Jesus Our Lord,