Last updated October 26, 2020
RETURNING TO WORSHIP AT PROVIDENCE
As of October 25, 2020, we will be holding Worship Services in the church every Sunday at 10:00am. The service will also be live streamed for those unable to join us. Live streams will begin approx 10-15 minutes prior to the service.
You can access the live stream a few different ways:
1. Click on the Worship Online link/picture on the Providence Presbyterian Church website homepage.
2. Go directly to our YouTube page/channel and click on the live stream.
3. If you have a Smart TV you can go to the YouTube app and search for Providence Presbyterian Church Salisbury MD.
Some differences to expect from our usual worship:
- There will be no nursery or childcare at this service.
- No Sunday School classes will meet.
- As much as we don’t want to say it, please refrain from hugs and handshakes.
- Refreshments and fellowship time will have to wait until later.
- Printed sheet music will be used instead of the hymnals.
- An offering will not be taken during the service. Please continue your faithful tithing either online or by mailing a check to the church office.
- Masks are to be worn when entering into, and while moving around the building. Masks are encouraged throughout the service but may be removed once seated in the pew.
- Limit restroom use to 2 people at a time. Doors will be propped open to minimize touchpoints.
- There will be no Choir, Praise & Worship Leader to lead Hymns and Praise Music similar to Pavilion Service. Congregation will need to wear masks while singing. Praise team will be socially distanced on stage, without masks.
- Communion will have pre-packaged wafer and juice set out on a table in the Narthex. The congregation will pick up the wafer/juice before they are seated.
- Deacons will dismiss congregation by rows starting at the Narthex, Sanctuary (front west side of the sanctuary and proceed to the rear east side), Fellowship Hall, Adult Sunday School.
- Congregation should pick up all items to be discarded from the seating area and drop them off in the trash can in the Narthex.
- Congregation should exit the building and proceed to cars. Minimal fellowship once outside of the building. No physical contact.
You should consider many things when deciding if you should attend. Dear Brothers and Sisters---simply consider your health and the well being of others:
- Your current health condition (if you have any cold or flu-like symptoms).
- Any recent higher than normal body temperature.
- Any underlying conditions that would weaken your immune system, like past cancers or recent surgeries.
- Any recent exposure to persons who may have the Covid-19 virus, or flu-like symptoms.
- Your age if you are over 60.
- Any travel outside the United States in the past month.
The Lord Jesus Christ Bless and Keep you all,
The Session and Diaconate
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS & INFORMATION
Providence Presbyterian Choir
PPC Choir rehearsals Tuesday evenings will be cancelled until further notice. We will be making decisions on an ongoing basis as the situation progresses with the COVID-19 outbreak.
Free English Salisbury (ESL)
All Free English Salisbury Classes have been cancelled for the remainder of 2020. We will miss all of our students this semester! Please check back here or on our Facebook page for Spring 2021 class information.
Wednesday Afternoon Prayer Time
The Wednesda Afternoon Prayer Time will now be meeting in the Church Pavilion at 12pm until further notice.